Entertainment & Music Law Toronto
FILM AND TELEVISION LAW:
Lucentem’s Film and Television Law practiceprovides expert legal services in all matters related to the film and television industries, both in Canada and worldwide. Whether you are a small production company looking to start your first major production or an experienced team looking to obtain options on a future project, our team will get the job done efficiently and proactively.
Some of the work we regularly undertake includes:
- helping clients transfer and adapt existing intellectual property to new media (for example, book to motion picture, or motion picture to television);
- helping our clients identify property rights in relation to existing work and assisting in locating the rightful owner(s) and author(s);
- conducting the necessary copyright and trade-mark registration searches in relation to proposed projects;
- identifying and examining transfers, assignments, licensing or other dispositions or devolutions of rights (Chain of Title);
- securing appropriate rights in relation to single and multiple production projects;
- reviewing production errors and omissions ;
- liability insurance concerns and clearance procedures;
- structuring financial and production entities;
- production services, including cast and crew, facilities and rights deals;
- creating option agreements to secure future rights;
- co-production agreements;
- production contracts;
- actor agreements.
Lucentem is committed to supporting emerging artists and appreciates the financial challenges they face. To facilitate access to legal counsel, our Film and Television Law practice provides a free initial 30-minute consultation.